Twitter / it566

Thursday, February 3, 2011

LibreOffice Added

Okay I cannot help myself, I am a graphics software junkie so I jumped up into the downloads and wanted to see the new replacement for Openoffice. I ran across a link off a google search and wanted to try terminal for adding new software to my computer. It was fun utilizing terminal as well as LibreOffice

Replace OpenOffice with Libre Office in Ubuntu 10.10

1. Remove all instances of OpenOffice.
Open a terminal and type:
sudo apt-get autoremove openoffice.org-*

2. Install LibreOffice via PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Think I'll have to try this, as well. What do you think so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to work somewhat better with my vector based applications when I export them back and forth. I like LibreDraw as it has a black and white preview when graphics are made in color. This ensures a better output if you have to print to a laser printer.

    ReplyDelete