Twitter / it566

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vector Based Software

Been working on my school's emergency plan for the last 4 weeks with little time for anything else. No one in 10 years has produced an updated floor plan of my school with labels electrical and utilities cutoffs as well as exits and camera locations. I am using Freehand MX which is a vector based program that has been discontinued but still is sold by Adobe (yea!). Once Aldus then Macromedia software product, Freehand started with a large user base that was whittled away by Corel draw and Adobe Illustrator.

Now once I get this plan passed by the numerous powers to be in my at my school district I will covert it to Libre Draw and see the results. I miss the fact that Freehand has no b/w preview of color graphics like Libre offers. Oh well just press command P and hope it is not too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment